Thursday, October 25, 2007

Welcome to our Villa

We have FINALLY gotten some pictures up of our home in Italy! The house isn't completely ready yet and we have some furniture being made right now, but we're close enough to being done that we don't mind showing it off a little bit. Karl and I finally feel as if our lives are calming down a little bit and I'm even starting Italian classes and working next week. We are doing some traveling this weekend to celebrate Karl's birthday (it was the 23rd) to town called Assisi where St. Francis spent most of his life. We'll get pictures up next week sometime! Some more good news is that we finally have a home phone, so we are connected to the world (still waiting on internet though). Our home phone is 039-081-303-6190. Enjoy the house pictures!
Sorry we took pics at night (it doesn't do the place justice)- this is out by our gate in the driveway This is part of our lawn and patio out back Our living room/dining room/kitchen (I never said our place was big) Looking from the dining room into the family room- you can see the back hall that leads to the downstairs bath and guest room Dining room/wine area Our kitchen (it's actually pretty big for Italy)- they don't have dishwashers or garbage disposals here! Guest room for all of you that come to visit :) More of the guest room Going up the stairs- our bedroom door is on the left and to the right is the bath and study/guest room #2 After you turn right going up the stairs
Our bathroom- just wanted to show off the bidet (so strange) Our study/guest room- there's a wardrobe and full-size aerobed in case we have lots of people visiting! In our room- those baskets are holding all of my shoes...I need to stop shopping....Looking from the doorway into our bedroom- the french doors lead out to the patio on the second floor I spend a lot of time here since I haven't been working :)
Our study (we still have to get the TV put up and we have some furniture being made for this room- it's a work in progress) Looking from our bedroom onto the upstairs patio- you can see the Bay of Pozzuoli and all the lights in the background Sunset from our roof patio I love Italy! During the day looking from our roof patio to all the vineyards

4 comments:

Blakely said...

LOVE the pictures... Goodness, I miss you!

I can't wait to come visit. The house looks great - can't wait to see some pictures of you and Karl! I love you guys!

A.K. said...

WOW Laura= its looks great!!! you have done a wonderful job!!! i love the view- and the bidet is hilarious- I remember a beach house having that one year and my friend and I wondered why there was a water fountain in the bathroom- thank goodness someone explained it to us before we tried it out!!!

Mrs. C said...

I love everything you have done with the place. You have such an eye for decorating... The place has really come far along since I last saw it. I love it. Can't wait to come see it in person again. Love ya!

eisenhowermom said...

Wow - how beautiful. I can't believe how nice your place looks already. You've done a great job decorating, etc. Makes me wonder what I've been doing with my own place for the past three years. Hopefully Bret and I will get to stay in your guest bedroom one of these days. Depends on how attached I get to this baby:) I tried to call you, but for some reason it's not going through. I need to call the phone company and figure it out! Can you e-mail me and let me know if I should still mail things to your FPO address? I've had something sitting here to mail for a long time now.

Miss you guys. Enjoy every minute of Europe and have fun learning Italian! Ciao!