Friday, November 9, 2007

Random Pics

I thought I would share some pics from a few different occasions that I never got a chance to post about before. Karl and I live in the heart of the Campania region which makes it easy to take day trips to some pretty amazing places...have I mentioned how lucky we are to live here?!
Last weekend, Karl, Kerry, Andy, and I went to the Castle St. Elmo in Vomero (part of Naples about 20 min. from our house). Vomero is on the top of the mountain that overlooks downtown Naples and we had the most spectacular views of the city!
From the top of the castle looking at Naples, the port, and Mt. Vesuvius Karl, Andy, and Kerry with the volcano. Kerry and I found each other in a job orientation training- we went to Tech together and knew each other through our friends (we were both in sororities and hung out with the same fraternity all the time). Kerry and Andy (her awesome boyfriend) just moved here from Prague and live about 10 min from us. Kerry and I are getting a VT Alum chapter going out here and it's so great to have a friend so close (we even have Italian class together). Karl and I (the volcano we live on is the one in the distance) Moving onto another night...Karl and I are so lucky to have so many great friends here and we had an awesome time celebrating Karl's 27th bday bowling with two of our fav. couples, the Zook's and Chaney's. This is Judy, me, and April. The husbands...Greg, Jason, and Karl Karl lovin on the ladies Another memorable night was when we went to the Oktoberfest celebration at the NATO base with our neighbors. Each year, the Germans at NATO put on their own version of Oktoberfest....you know, beer, sauerkraut, sausages, pretzels, and more beer. We had way too much fun and we left before Karl could start dancing on the tables like the true German he is. These were the steins we got :)
Our wonderful neighbors (me, Lisa, Kevin, Mark, Rick, and Cindy)

1 comment:

A.K. said...

sad we aren't there to share in all the fun with you but glad to see you've made so many wonderful friends (not like we ever thought you would have a hard time... but still!)

miss you- we're here in hokieland for the game and its weird without you here!