Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Buon Natale!

Well, I've been very slow at getting up the rest of the pictures from our trip (I still have posts to do for Munich, Austria, and Northern Italy!), but I figured I should get up our Christmas pics before it got to be way too out of season. Karl and I had a wonderful first Christmas together and celebrated on Christmas Eve with our friends Ben, Leighanna, and their son Luke (we are so lucky to have met such amazing people-we'll miss them so much when they move in Sept). On Christmas Day, we had dinner with all of our neighbors at our friend's house. Our family spoiled us rotten with gifts and we missed everyone so much!
Our tree and presents on Christmas Eve :) Our mini-display of our German smokers and nutcrackers
.
It was nice to have some days to just relax together, so the other day Karl and I went and just walked around Carney Park for awhile. Carney Park is one of the great perks we have here in Naples; it is a dormant volcano crater that the US Gov't rents from the Italians and has turned it into a HUGE recreation center for all of us stationed over here. There is something here for everyone including a Irish Pub with good ol' American food (sometimes you just don't want Italian food- hard to imagine, but true). The cutest kid EVER- this is Luke on Christmas Eve opening his present from Karl and I- we were so excited to get to share in his first Christmas.

1 comment:

A.K. said...

Glad to see ya'll had a great first Christmas- I agree with you- its great to relax after all the celebrations!