Monday, November 2, 2009

Pesto!

So, I've been trying to update my posts and put up some slideshows, but I can't seem to get Picassa to cooperate (does anyone have an idea on an easy way to post a link to photo albums???). I am a self-proclaimed lazy blogger recently and am so sorry. Since August 1, Karl has only been here about 27 days and I just haven't had the free time to blog that I would like to. Luckily, I have an amazing friend, Amanda, who is an amazing writer and blogger and I will once again direct you to her awesome blog to read all about our day of making pesto with Rosa (just scroll down until you see the pesto post) http://livingintheboot.squarespace.com/.
.
I have all the pics of Parker's bday, Venice, Northern Italy, making wine in our vineyard, Belgium, and Halloween- let me know if you want me to send them to you via Snapfish (I'll try to catch up with some blogs once Karl returns)!

2 comments:

A.K. said...

i want the snapfish pics!!!

Anonymous said...

Caviar turns a simple dinner party into a gourmet affair, and your guests will be impressed that you honored them by serving this delicacy. Because of the cost of beluga, it is most often used sparingly as a zing of flavor for a canape or other hors-d’oeuvre. This caviar recipe is delicious served with carrot, zucchini, and celery strips or a flat, bland cracker.

Delicious Caviar Dip

1 8 oz package cream cheese
1 C sour cream
2 hard boiled eggs
3 scallions
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 cloves finely chopped garlic
3 oz caviar

Warm cream cheese till it has reached room temperature. Separate whites from yolks of eggs; crush yolks till fine and crumbly, finely dice egg whites. Finely chop the white end of the scallions, separating from the greens. Then finely chop the green tips and set aside.

In a small to medium bowl, mix sour cream, cream cheese, egg whites, chopped scallion whites, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce. Place in serving dish and refrigerate two hours or overnight.

Just prior to serving, layer the following on top of the dip in this order: egg yolks, green onions, and top off with caviar.