Monday, September 17, 2007

Napoli Futbol

Yesterday was the day that all of Karl's dreams came true...we went to a professional soccer game here where our home team (Napoli) won 2-0! We went to the game with Greg and Judy and had an amazing time. The fans were absolutely out of control (and we loved it!)- they set off fireworks in the stands, almost stampeded us getting through security, and were so loud that I actually had to cover my ears a few times or risk hearing loss. We miss football season back in the states so much, but this just about made up for it! The crowd was so die hard that they actually have a huge net that goes over the section where the opposing fans sit so they won't get hit with anything (even though it didn't stop the Naples fans from throwing water balloons and bottles of soda at them).
San Paulo Stadium After the goals, the crowd set off fireworks and the stadium filled with smoke Karl and I after the game outside the stadium...hot and sweaty, but excited nonetheless
On a side note, we wanted to let everyone know that we're moving into our house tomorrow and it can take up to 60 days to get internet (we're hoping we get it sooner than later), so our blog might not get updated as often. Please do keep up with us though, and you can always call my cell if you need us (the number is on the bottom of the previous blog). Hope to be up and blogging soon! Ciao!

2 comments:

A.K. said...

so great to talk to you yesterday! good luck with the move- i miss you so much but glad i can see you on the blog! keep working on the stick shift my friend!

mrturner12 said...

So its been far too long and I'm going through some serious withdrawl here!!! I miss my two favorite people in the world!!! I can't wait to come out there and see you guys!! maybe and hopefully sooner rather than later!!! Well I miss you guys and sorry this is my first comment I feel like I should be leaving more comments.... don't worry there are definitely more to come... Until then you guys keep livin the dream!!