Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A Quick Update!

I wanted to give everyone an update on what's going on with our new Italian life! Most importantly, we have FINALLY received our move-in date and we will be in our home Sept. 18! We are VERY lucky because most people move into their house and then have to use loaner furniture for at least a month until their household goods arrive, but ours is already here and we will get all seven crates, our express shipment, AND all of our appliances on the 18th- that is going to be an insane day!
Another exciting bit of news is that we have bought two cars and are almost done with the registration process (it takes FOREVER)! Karl has a silverish-blue Honda Civic and I got a purplish-blue VW Polo and put some pictures of my wonderful new car below! I have been forced to learn stick shift since that is all that you can get here and I haven't hit anything yet-yet being the operative word. Driving has actually been the hardest part of the transition because the Italians are so crazy. Karl and I think it's so funny that Italians are so slow at EVERYTHING except driving- in a rush to go nowhere I guess.
I LOVE MY NEW CAR!!! This past weekend was also the anniversary of the day Karl and I met each other...awwww! Saturday marked the six year anniversary that we met at the Western Michigan game in the North End Zone and six years ago yesterday was our first date! We celebrated by going to the island of Capri for the day on Sunday and I'll put up those pictures tomorrow! One last thing, I have a cell phone finally and the number is 39-340-714-6365! Ciao!

2 comments:

Blakely said...

Your car is so cute! How's the stick shift going?!? I'm so excited for you both that you get to move into your new house NEXT WEEK!!!! I'm sure you are so excited to have your own stuff back...and I can't wait to see pictures of everything. I love you guys and can't wait to come and visit!

A.K. said...

what agreat pictures! i love the car! and how exciting about the new house!

now can we call you from a regular cell phone or do we need a calling card?!