Saturday, December 1, 2007

Thanksgiving Weekend!

Sorry it's taken so long to get up pictures from our Thanksgiving trip, but we've been overly busy all week (better late than never though!). For Thanksgiving, Karl and I went to the beautiful Abruzzi Mountains for four days and couldn't have had a better trip; the weather was perfect and everyone on our trip was so much fun and we made lots of new friends! We stayed at Club Primula in Pesscasseroli (about an hour east of Rome); Pesscasseroli lies in a valley amid a mountainous landscape of uncontaminated and pristine clean beauty in the heart of the National Park of Abruzzi. This is a great area to go skiing and hiking and to just soak in the natural surroundings of Italy.
.
.
The town of Barrea and the Barrea Lake- I love all the little towns in Italy that are built into the hillsides!
Thanksgiving Dinner at the hotel- we were the only guests in the hotel that night, so they actually made us some American Thanksgiving staple foods (mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, and turkey). In addition to those, we also had lasagna! Our turkey! This was soooo funny- they knew the turkey was important to us, so they decorated it! Karl in the Abruzzi Mountains My bear friend in the Pesscasseroli nature park Outside our hotel Karl and I in the snow!!!
Karl and Erik Schlegel...that's right- one of the guys on our trip (and who works in Karl's building) is named Erik Schlegel...small world! A pretty picture of Pesscasseroli Mikki whispering sweet nothings to the bear (I think Matt's jealous) The first picture on this posting was of the town of Barrea and the lake from the beach...this is a opposite pic- taken from the town of Barrea overlooking the Barrea Lake (who's jealous?!) :) Another picture of Barrea
Photo op! On Saturday, we visited the Valley of the Wolves (and acually did see some wolves!)
This is the valley and gorges Another great photo op... A group shot! We were so lucky to have such amazing people on our trip- they really helped to make our trip unforgettable and we're happy to have so many new friends!

3 comments:

Blakely said...

Hey lady!

It looks like you guys had a great trip! I can't wait to hear all about it... I'm SO sorry I missed your call the other day, I was at work...but now I'M DONE!!! ONE more test then I graduate on the 14th and 15th! Give me a call sometime next week so we can catch up!

I love you!

A.K. said...

thats so swee they made you all a turkey! love all the pictures- i'm still amazed how beautiful all your pictures are- can only imagine what it is like in person!

send me your address there at akalexander21@gmail.com so i can send you a christmas card!

call me sometime this week- i'm around all week!

oldmots said...

Hi guys, The photos are beautiful and I can tell you're having a great time. Mom and I hope you have a great trip. We put the tree up Saturday and had pizza and beer with Cathy and Danny and their significant others. Molly got an allergy shot a peed on the rug in the middle of everything, so it was fun! Love you both.