Saturday, December 22, 2007

Our Trip to Bavaria

We're finally back from vacation!!! Karl and I are enjoying our first day home after our trip to Verona (Italy), Garmisch (Germany), Munich, Innsbruck (Austria), and Bologna (Italy) and I have to say it's nice to be back home in my robe and slippers. We got so many great pics, I've decided to do a seperate blog for each of the different cities we went to. Karl and I started our trip on Dec. 9 and drove about 7 hours in the rain north to Verona, Italy to spend the night; Verona is the setting for Romeo and Juliet and is truely as romantic as it sounds. There were Christmas markets in all the streets and the art and architecture are amazing!
.
.
This is the entrance to the old city- the Christmas markets are right though the archways!
Karl in the main Piazza
Juliet's Balcony! This is said to be the home and balcony of Juliet. It was so beautiful and Karl and I were the only ones there- there's nothing like a kiss in the most romantic spot in literature :)

In the portico leading to Juliet's house- so sweet!

Christmas markets in Verona

The old arena of Verona

Keep up with the next few posts as I go though the rest of our vacation spots!

1 comment:

Blakely said...

I hope you guys had a great trip! It definitely looks like you started it off well...

Love you guys and miss you so much!