Tuesday, April 1, 2008

La dolce vita

I figure that I'm always writing blogs about places we visit and other adventures, but I rarely talk about what just a normal day is like for me here in Italy, so I thought I'd give everyone a glimpse into my life on the Mediterranean! The past few days have been unbelieveably beautiful and we deserve it after the horrible weather we had all of March (it rained for 24 of the 31 days and was unseasonably cold). Since Friday, I have been accomplishing a lot of spring cleaning, yard work, some sun bathing, cooking, and catching up on reading. Some days are busier than others when they include grocery shopping trips, doctor appointments, spousal luncheons, and so forth, but the past 4 days have been truely relaxing.
.
This afternoon I took this picture from out bedroom balcony as I took in some sun and read my book for book club..by the way I love "Water for Elephants"! Karl and I just got some great patio furniture for the second floor as an anniversary gift to each other (it's coming up this month!) and I have been loving it the past few days!
Another shot from the balcony today...just imagine a light sea breeze, blue sky, and about 70 degrees...I love it here! Our baby boy even got some sun today as I try to tan my big ol belly- he kicked a lot, so either he's going to be a beach guy or he was mad that I interrupted his afternoon nap with bright light! This was Saturday's project- my landlord roto-tilled my backyard for me since it had just become one big weed. I raked all the dirt back into place and planted all new grass (I hope we have some sort of lawn by the time my parents get here next Friday). I can't do a lot of actual gardening because of the pregnant thing (you never know what bacteria is lurking in the soil I guess), so Karl is going to help me out with flowers next weekend when he gets home. Most days are pretty uneventful here, but tomorrow I am super busy- I have a long day at base dealing with paperwork for our baby boy (it takes A LOT of paperwork to make our baby an American citizen when it's born in Italy), I sold my VW Polo (so sad) because I need a bigger car for the baby and I am transferring the car tomorrow, getting taxes done, grocery shopping, and other boring things (I told you not everyday is an Italian adventure!). Just thought I'd let everyone know what we do between our European adventures and hope you get out for a visit!

2 comments:

A.K. said...

Okay so I have some random comments for you- thought i would number them:

1. Can you believe it's been almost a year since that awesome day in April! What a fun time!!!

2. AND now you are having a baby?! WHAT?!!! What happened to our crazy sorority days?!

3. LOVE your view and little garden- I don't think I'll have either of those in Texas (we leave in less than 6 weeks!)

4. When can I see you again?!!!

5. CALL ME!!

thanks- love ya!

Amanda said...

Loved seeing your blog for the first time! Thanks again for watching over the kids and making the auto transfer go so smoothly! (Oh and thanks for your endless wealth of info!) Your view makes me jealous!