Thursday, June 26, 2008

Party Weekend!

The beginning of summer means the beginning of party/BBQ season- my favorite time of year! Last weekend was full of party-hopping and we had such a great time! On Friday, we went to Kerry and Alma's for a BBQ since Jen is about to move to Croatia and Kerry will be moving back stateside at the summer (we're going to miss you guys soooo much!). I am only getting bigger and bigger and hope he comes a little early so I don't have to be so miserably hot all the way until August!
.
This is our 33 week pic- check out that bump! It's actually getting very heavy and I'm verrry lucky to have such a great husband who rubs my back every night. We have such a great time watching him move around in my belly and Karl even got to feel (and see) the baby having the hiccups the other night!
At Kerry's the other night! I realized after seeing this pic that preggo women shouldn't wear horizontal stripes because I look like I've gained like 50 pounds (which I have not!). On Alma's balcony at sunset- that's the Mediterranean in the background....so pretty at sunset :) On Saturday, a good friend of ours, Jason, had his wetting-down party to celebrate his promotion to Lt. Commander. I was pretty sick that day, so I couldn't go (hence why there's no pics), but Karl went and said what a great party is was! Congrats again Jason!!!!
.
.
Sunday was an awesome day...our friends, April and Judy, threw us a huge BBQ Baby Shower at our house!!! It was soooo much fun and we got to hang out all day with all of our Naples buddies :) We are so lucky to have such amazing friends here and our baby boy is also lucky to have people who love him so much already- thanks again to everyone who helped make that day so special for our little family- we love you so much!
. Outside our front door with our pretty new flowers!

April made these awesome cupcakes for the party- they match the nursery theme of 'Under the Sea' (I'll get nursery pics up asap I promise!).

Cindy, Lisa, and Maggie hanging out in the backyard. Cindy and Lisa and two of my neighbors and Maggie is a friend who is due with a baby boy three weeks before me (they're already buddies)! I'm ready to party!!! Our gate is decorated for the occasion. Out back of our house. Jen and I...Hokie love :) Judy and Greg Jason, Matt, Mikki, Kerry, and Jen- it was wayyyy to hot to be outside in the afternoon, so everyone was congregating under the ceiling fans! I still have more pics to post of everyone else at the party, but they are on someone else's camera (I'll post them soon!). Look at the loot! On a side note, I have been trying to figure out our new camera (which is overwhelmingly complicated). Karl and I experimented at sunset the other night on the terrace and got this pretty pic...we love it here :)

1 comment:

A.K. said...

you look so cute! i wish i was there with you! sorry i missed your call yesterday- i was in the middle of a Pre-K conference in San Antonio! I'll be around early next week- so call me!

love and miss you!