Monday, May 25, 2009

Castello di Baia

I continue to be a lazy blogger and am so grateful that my dear friend, Amanda, is anything but. I will once again refer you to her amazing blog where she details our recent trip to the Castle of Baia! This is a place I've wanted to visit since we moved here since I see it across the bay from our house everyday. I had a wonderful time with Amanda and I am so happy to have an adventuring partner (we have set a weekly date to explore our local area since there are thousands of years of history within minutes of our homes). Thanks again for being such a great blogger Amanda!!!! http://livingintheboot.squarespace.com/
.
Here are a few extra pics from our day out. This is Lago D'Averno which was once thought to be the gateway to hell in Roman Days. This is about 10 min from the house and there is a great Cafe Bar right at the top.
I love Italy for things like this...Amanda and I parked the car, paid the parking attendant, started walking up to the castle, and then visited the goats in the parking lot :) One of the beautiful rooms in the castle.

No comments: