Monday, March 17, 2008

and the verdict is in.....

Today Karl and I had our big ultrasound appointment where they spent an hour and a half doing measurements and checking to make sure the baby is healthy! We got a good bill of health and we also found out the sex of our baby.....
WE'RE HAVING A BOY!!!!!!!! My first reaction was that I asked the Dr. to repeat herself because I didn't believe her...I was convinced this was a girl and was actually shocked when they told me otherwise. Karl and I are soooooo happy and you can't wipe the grin off his face...I'm sure he's thinking "All right, another Marine soccer player!" We went and bought a few cute boy outfits and some newborn booties :) We took the picture above right before we left for the appointment (notice my St. Patrick's Day green). We'll put up more about little boy Schlegel as the weeks continue!!!

8 comments:

Blakely said...

YAYYYYYYY! I'm shocked, too, but VERY excited for you guys!!!

Glad everything went well with the appointment and the new (little) Mr. Schlegel is healthy!

Congrats!

Christina K. said...

Karl & Laura,

Congratulations!! I am sooo happy for you two:)

Happy to hear you and the baby are healthy (And I LOVE the baby bump, so cute!)

Miss and love you!

~Christina

eisenhowermom said...

I have to say that I am shocked too, but very excited for you guys. I was convinced it was a girl!

Cooper is going to have a little cousin/playmate now, which is so exciting. Wouldn't it be funny if they both ended up at Virginia Tech in 19 years as room mates.

Glad to hear the good news. We can't wait to see you in a few months!

Much Love!
Tina

april said...

We are sooo happy for you and Karl! I so can see you being the mommy of a little boy! Yeah! And by the way, this is the first time I've ever guessed the sex of a baby correctly! Ha!

Elizabeth said...

CONGRATS!! Thats exciting that you can shop for clothes, I think that might get me in trouble!! haha. Now you get to start thinking of names! Do you have any in mind?

Barbie, Jason and Logan said...

I am so excited to hear that you are having a boy! I think that boys are wonderful! However, I am somewhat biased to say the least. Logan would love a little playmate to have fun with one day, so you will have to make sure that they get the chance to meet one another. Just so you know, the baby belly is so cute!

We miss you both very much!
Barbie, Jason and Logan

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I'm so excited to hear you are having a boy. Although you had me convinced it was a girl!

You guys are going to make amazing parents. Hope the next few months are happy and healthy. :o)

~Ashleigh

A.K. said...

I called my mom from Hawaii to have her tell me- that's awesome! Scott and I were so excited to here- we were sure it was a girl but a boy is still so fun!!! hooray!!! call me whenever you get a chance! LOVE YOU!

-A.K.-