Saturday, May 10, 2008

Baby Shower and Brooks and Dunn concert!

I just have to say how lucky Karl and I are to have such amazing family and friends; I had such a wonderful time at my baby shower this past weekend and it was so nice to get to see everyone! Baby boy Schlegel is officially spoiled rotten and I can't wait to get back to Italy to show Karl all of the great gifts that we got! Thank you to all of you who made it such a memorable day and who so obviously love this baby already- we love you!
.
Me opening one of the gifts from my mom- there is a bib for every holiday of the year plus some!
Some of the baby loot! The diaper wipes warmer was a big hit with everyone and I'm sure the baby will love it, too :) Cooper made a grand entrance- I met him for the first time last weekend and it was love at first sight- I'll get pics up from our first meeting soon! Tina and I Me and my Blakely Best game ever- the dirty diaper game- each diaper has melted/smushed candy bars and you have to guess what kind of candy it was- looked so real it was disgusting (but fun!). Tina- very used to Cooper's dirty diapers by now- had no problem tasting the contents to try and win- brave girl! One of the food rooms- check out the clothes line with all the precious baby clothes over the window! As people send more pics, I'll be sure to update from the baby shower. It really was a great day and thank you again to everyone who made it to special!!! . . There was one great thing about not getting on the flight back to Italy last week...I get to hang out with my friends here for another two weeks! Last night Stephanie, her aunt, and friend Denise went to the Brooks and Dunn concert! Steph and I were a bit skeptical at first since we know a total of two songs by them, but we had such a great time! It was my night to prove that pregnant people are fun, too! Stephanie, Me, Susan, and Denise getting sushi in Va Beach before the concert (don't worry- I only ate the cooked stuff). Stephanie and I before we left Our sushi chefs- the guy on the left was awesome and had the coolest name...Dang Lee...haha! Steph and I at the show! Check out the belly shot- it looks like a basketball is stuffed up my shirt! The baby kicked the whole time- guess he likes loud music! A tribute to our troops...made me miss Karl even more :(
Red, white, and blue streamers! We thought the cowgirl banners were hilarious...oh country music....

2 comments:

A.K. said...

love the pics! can you believe last year we were getting dishclothes with all the seasons on it for our new houses and this year you are getting baby bibs with the seasons on it! what an exciting last two years!

sooo sad i missed, it- would much rather have been there than getting ready to move! thanks for talking with me yesterday! love you!

april said...

Seriously, how cute is your belly?!!!!! Sorry you didn't get on the MAC, hopefully you'll be on the next one though. Germany was good, I started my new job and like it so far (very easy, a lot of down time to go get an espresso and visit Jason :) Looks like you had a wonderful baby shower, when you get back I'll start planning your Italy baby bash!!! Ciao bella!