Saturday, July 26, 2008

Still waiting...

Well, we have no baby news yet, but hopefully will soon...I am officially tired of being pregnant and am ready to meet the little guy (which I think we've finally found a name for, but are keeping it hush hush until his birthday!). In the meantime, Karl and I are keeping busy and trying to just pass the time. We did find out that the hospital has wireless internet, so a blog post will come out the day he's born with all the info and hopefully some pics, too. I am also happy to report that I'll be able to post more pictures than I thought in the coming months because Karl just got me an awesome new laptop and I should get it soon and it is soooo much faster than this one...yay!
.
I have some random pics to share with everyone just to show some of the things we've been up to...sorry no new belly shots, but we'll work on that!
This is a pic from our 2nd story of the fire two weeks ago in our vineyard! The Italian firemen were yelling at preggo me to go back inside, so I couldn't get a good one of the flames, but I think this shows how close it was to the house!
On Wednesday, we had a goodbye dinner with friends for the Lawton family at O Sole Mio- a favorite pizzeria of ours. The Lawtons have lived next door to us since we moved in last September and it was so hard to say goodbye to such a wonderful family. Since they're headed back to Northern VA, I know we'll see them again soon...we'll miss you so much Mark, Cindy, Rick, Peter, Amy, and Hannah!!!! This past Thursday, Karl had a soccer game at Carney Park- he plays with the USA Naples team from base and they won 4-1 (three of the goals were scored by my awesome hubby and he assisted with the other....I was a verrrry proud wife)!
Karl practicing before the game (I was too busy chatting with Judy during the game to get pics of him actually playing...sorry babe!) I think this is why Karl actually comes out to play on Thursdays....beer in a hamper with ice. Meet Jack Oglesby- Maggie and Kent's baby boy who is now 11 days old. We're actually headed over there this afternoon to get some pics of the whole family! After much anticipation (and many requests from all of you), here are some pics from the nursery! It looks a little bland since we can't paint our plaster walls and the nursery is sharing space with our study (it's not a very big house). We think he's going to love it though and there's tons of place space on the floor for him! We went with an 'Under the Sea' theme since I have some crazy obsession with whales. An overview from the doorway. Sorry for the empty frames on the wall, but we do plan to put pics of our little one in them upon his arrival. Notice the awesome clock we got for him...it's the baby Hokie Bird! Thank you to Karl's mom who made the beautiful curtain for the window- the window is about nine feet long and 1.5 feet wide which made it impossible to find a curtain- we love it so much and it blocks all the sun that keeps trying to heat up the nursery! Just a small portion of the clothing we have for the baby...seriously this is just the fraction that has to be hung up! His dresser next to the crib is jam-packed with stuff, too! I have my mother's obsession for baby clothes and I buy something new everytime we go to the store! Due to the every increasing amount of stuff we buy for this kid, we had to convert the guest room into a mini-nursery with a changing station and pack and play. We thought it would be good to have a room on each floor that he can sleep in and change him in. To make room for everything, guests are going to have to climb over each other to get in bed, but sacrifices had to be made...don't say I didn't warn future visitors! We promise to keep everyone up-to-date with baby news and remember that if you want the first pics, we're sending them out via Snapfish (not on the blog since we'll have our hands full and don't want to spend all our time on the comp), so send me your email if you want to see how absolutely precious our baby boy is! lcaro@vt.edu

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I would LOVE to be included in the email with pictures if you don't mind. My email address is efreas@vt.edu. I love the nursery- it looks great. I saw your baby monitors on the dresser, have you tried them? They got great reviews and we tried two different sets of them but we could not get them to work. Maybe you will have more luck but def. give them a try before the baby comes home. We were not that smart and spent the first two nights with no monitors, so needless to say I got NO sleep because I was paranoid the whole time! If you are not happy with them let me know because the new ones we got are GREAT! Enjoy your quiet time before the baby comes =)

Anonymous said...

I love your nursery - great theme! Hope you are enjoying your last week(s)of pregnancy and we can't wait to see the pictures of the little one when he gets here! Miss & love you!!!

eisenhowermom said...

Cute nursery! It will only be a matter of months before you have to find something to do with all of the books on the bottom shelves of those bookcases. Trust Me! I've had many pages ripped out of magazines and books now and still haven't learned my lesson. Can't wait until you can fill those frames up! I'm sure he is going to be so beautiful.
Good Luck!

PS - I have Sony monitors and they are awesome (in case yours don't work.) We really didn't need them at first, b/c I didn't let him out of my sight for months! Let's just say Cooper is a bit spoiled. Just wait!!!