Thursday, August 16, 2007

Our Italian Home

Some of you have been asking about where Karl and I plan on living after we move out of the Navy Lodge here on base (which I'd like to do as soon as possible), so I thought I'd show everyone our future home here in Italy! We will be moving to an area of Naples called Pozzouli- it's very historic and absolutely beautiful. We have decided on a rather small home, but choose it due to the amazing view- the pictures prove it! It has three bedrooms, none of which have closets, and a kitchen (with all new cabinets), a living room, and a eat in kitchen. We have a nice backyard and private, gated entrance, a private balcony from our bedroom overlooking the Bay, and a rooftop patio where I plan on spending a lot of my free time. I guess I'll let the pictures speak for themselves!
View from the rooftop This is the living room, kitchen, and dining room all rolled into one. This isn't our furniture (it's pretty upgly), it's the loaner stuff belonging to the guy who just moved out. The downstairs bathroom with the smallest washer/dryer ever and a bidet (not sure if I spelled that right), but the landlord is taking it out for us because it gives me the willies. Our upstairs bathroom- very pink Our future bedroom with some more ugly furniture Outside our bedroom with the spiral stairs up to the patio Leading to the guest room I am so lucky to be living in a place like this.... I have officially fallen in love with Italy Can't wait for everyone to come and see the view for themselves! Ciao!

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Your pictures of your new home and Italy are fantastic! That view is unbelievable and I love thinking of you on the roof looking out on that view. I've never been to Italy but your pictures look exactly like everything I've ever read or imagined about how it would look. Hope to see you there!
(A.K.'s mom :))

Barbie, Jason and Logan said...

Hello Again Guys!

I love the pics of your home, including the water fountain to clean your derriere! Ha, Ha! That is oh so European! Well, I am glad that you all just love Italy. Do you have any favorite sites or places yet?? What is the weather like? Have you picked up a little bit of Italian yet? We can't wait to visit this upcoming year. Jason and I are talking about buying tickets early on the credit card and then just work on paying them off since we figure prices are only going to get higher as times goes on. We just need to figure out when we can come and visit.

Logan took his first full step last Wednesday and then he took two full steps on Friday. Very exciting! We are in the process of planning Logan's first birthday. Can you believe that he is about to turn 1?? I returned to work last Friday and Logan has his first day of daycare this coming Monday. Time to readjust to working life. We miss you guys. The new neighbor across the street is nice, but she is never around b/c of being out of town for her job. It just is not the same. Give us a Skype call sometime!

Later,
Barbie, Jason and Logan

A.K. said...

okay my mom likes the view just because we are both thinking of making it out there and how amazing the wine is going to taste on top of the roof (i know that's what i'm thinking!)

can we call you or do we need a calling card? i'm around all this week so call me!!!

whats the best time to come visit you?! fall, spring- you name it- email me when you get a chance or call me!

Claire said...

Love the house!!! What a view! You guys must be having a blast in Italy! Is it hot there? It's typically 100 degree here everyday. (no breeze thank you so much) It's like living in a dryer. We stay inside basically. Steph starts preschool tomorrow. Can't wait! He really loves to be around other kids. He even has a little blue lunchbox with his name on it, that he'll take each day. I'll be sure to get a picture of him at school and send it with my next note. Sophie is just growing and growing. My stomach is basically growing out horizontally, so I look further along than I am. Every now and then I get off balance, lol, but that comes with the change in my center of gravity. (usually it's wine that does that :) We're still trying to pull the baby room together, but it's starting to look really cute. I'm sticking with white for the furniture, and accent colors of light pink, sage green, and a touch of light blue, just for fun. Take care all! Miss you! See you soon...I hope!

~ Claire, Neil, Steph, Sophie