Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Parker William :)

Sorry for the lack of blogging since Parker has arrived, but life has been absolutely crazy! Just thought I'd share some pictures of the most beautiful baby in the whole world (not that I'm partial). Karl, Parker, and I are doing fine though there is a good amount of sleep deprevation in the house, Karl has a beard because we don't have time to groom ourselves, and the house generally looks like a tornado hit.
.
We got back from the hospital late on Sunday night and have been going non-stop ever since. After 27 hours of labor, there wasn't enough progress and I underwent a c-section. I was terrified of having my first ever surgery, but things went great and I'm recovering well (but it's a very slow, painful process!). We feel so blessed by the outpouring of love and support from our family and friends and want to thank each one of you for all that you've done to show Parker how much he is loved in this world :) If you've called/emailed and we haven't gotten back to you, it's not that we don't want to, but we are on the baby's schedule now which doesn't leave much time in our day- have patience and we will be in touch with everyone in the coming weeks!
.
I am so deeply in love with this child that no words can describe it and just looking at him puts a smile on my face and tears in my eyes- motherhood is amazing!
Karl and I make a good-looking kid :) Parker's first bday party :) His feet still have never touched the ground- I find that just amazing. Daddy and Parker right after delivery- I didn't get to join the party for a few hours due to the c-section :(
Precious. All dressed up for his birthday party! I promise to post more soon (in between feedings if possible!) and thanks again for all the well-wishes- we love you all!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

So glad all is going well, recovery definitely takes some time. I still notice my body recovering at times and I had Reiley a month ago today! I know the whole no sleep thing is hard, but strangely enough you will wake up very energized on the nights that you got a full 4 hours of sleep, you adjust pretty quickly. And this is coming from the girl that went to bed at 9 during the work week =) Enjoy every minute with him, you will see how quickly they change and grow up! I know I am far away but let me know if you need anything, I am no pro but I know what you are going through!

Elizabeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blakely said...

I'm so excited for the THREE of you! I can't wait to talk to you all and hear all about the delivery and the days following.

I love you Schlegels!