Thursday, December 4, 2008

4 month check-up

Everything went great at Parker's 4 month visit- he's growing like a weed! He weighed in at 15.8 lbs and 25 inches! He's grown 5 inches in 2 months! The doctor said that he's very advanced in his motor skills, but then again he is the most intelligent and strongest baby ever :) Karl and I are working on planning a trip somewhere soon, but with his crazy travel schedule with work, who knows if we'll ever be able to go anywhere! My vote is to go to Greece the week between Christmas and New Years, but we'll just have to wait and see..it's so hard to be living in Italy and not travel constantly (but I guess everyday here is a mini-vacation). If anyone has a suggestion of somewhere to vacation in Europe (preferably somewhere moderately warm), I'd love to hear it!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

WOW...isn't it crazy how fast they grow! It makes me a little sad that there babyness is fading before our eyes!

Elizabeth said...

Solid foods...where do I start?! No, I am just kidding. My doctor told me at 4 months that I could start but I still have not and Reiley will be 5 months on Saturday. I plan on waiting til at least 6 months. All of the research I have done shows that it is best to wait until a child is developmentally and physically ready. Here is a site to look at, but if you want a different answer or opinion I would do some more research =) I just feel it is better to wait then start too early and have then turn away from food!

http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/readyforsolids.htm

read through the whole page and then also look at others on the site...they have great suggestions on what foods to start with and when it is okay to introduce all sorts of things!


Let me know what you think and decide!