Sunday, July 15, 2007

Our Honeymoon

I thought I would take a break from wedding postings and tell everyone about our honeymoon! Karl and I left the week after the wedding for a seven day cruise to the carribbean- it was so relaxing and we had the best time! We left out of Miami, then went to Grand Caymen, Honduras, Belize, and Costa Maya. The cruise ship was spectacular and we enjoyed every minute of it- especially the margaritas :)
Karl and I on our balcony at the port in Miami
Laying out on the back of the ship on our first day at sea Grand Caymen- we did our first day of snorkling here!

Roatan, Honduras was the best place we went by far (which is why there's so many pictures)! It looked like a place out of a Corona commercial People were actually walking across this bridge- they were much braver than I was!

Karl and I with a parrot

My favorite part of the entire trip- playing with the monkeys! They were so cute and funny- they kept stealing stuff out of Karl's backpack and even made off with my bottle of water!

This monkey was bad, so they had him tied up- he was not happy!

More of the most beautiful island ever....

Karl and I snorkling in Honduras

Goodbye Roatan!

Karl and I went canoeing in Belize...I thought I we were headed for divorce when he started rocking our canoe in alligator infested swampland- don't recommend canoeing in Belize by the way!

After canoeing, we had wine tasting at a local winery and then went on a nature tour- this was our tourguide....

View from our balcony in Belize...so pretty

I loved all the towel animals that our room steward made us everyday! This one was a turkey, so as a faithful Hokie I posed with it.

Welcome to Costa Maya, Mexico!

Karl and I took an excursion to the Mayan ruins- they were breathtaking!

Karl and I on a very massive temple

Relaxing on the beach before getting back on the boat

Karl and I ready for our last formal dinner on the boat

1 comment:

A.K. said...

sooo great to see you today! LOVE our video- huge shout out to karl on that one!!

your pics make me want to go on my honeymoon now! only a few more months!! great job with the blogging- can't wait to see italy pictures- and can't wait to make it on the blog when i come out to italy!!