Friday, July 6, 2007

Pre-wedding Festivites

There is so much to catch everyone up on, so I'll work a little bit at a time beginning with our pre-wedding parties! (I'm still getting the hang of blogging, so sorry about the quality of some of my pics...I'll get better I promise!) On February 24, my beautiful bridesmaids threw me an awesome bridal shower in Newport News and it couldn't have been better! It was at the Red Maple Inn, a really old house turned restaurant/antique shop in the heart of Newport News. So many amazing women in my life were there and Karl's mom even flew in for a few hours just to come to the party!

I love my cake!

Most beautiful bridesmaids ever!
I seem to be pretty excited about the candy jar
My table at the shower

Our first china setting!

Me and Christina- people always think we're sisters

We all had a great time at the bridal shower during the afternoon, then we had my bachelorette party that night. We started off at my parents house where we played some crazy funny games (I've never laughed so hard in my entire life) and then we went to one of my favorite bars for some drinks, food, presents, and more very interesting games...twinkies anyone?!
Trying to place it just right....
Not sure what I'm doing

Too many margaritas!

After the bridal shower in Newport News, Karl's mom was so sweet and threw me one on March 17 back in Indianapolis. I got a chance to meet a lot of the Schlegel's family and friends and I also met Meagan that day, Karl's brother's fiance! I don't have any digital pics from that party, but I'll scan some regular pics soon and put them up!

1 comment:

A.K. said...

love the pictures- what a great time! wishin' we were still driving on the side of the highway because we were late and then sticking our hands out to make it through the moat... it was all amazing!

ps- you were the most gorgeous bride EVER!